Sunday 4 May 2014

Twinings- Double Mint

I have already confessed to not be a fan of peppermint. However, from my last post you will know that having tried and enjoyed the Everyday with peppermint blend, I was ready to give mint tea another go.

I got this teabag from my dad, it's a blend he enjoys. Twinings have several different mint teas, and double mint is from their "Intensely" range- it used to be called "Sensations" but Twinings decided that the new name fitted better.

I let the teabag infuse for 3 minutes as per the instructions, and the mint aroma was much stronger than the Everyday and peppermint blend. The tea was browner than I expected (you can see the colour from the picture), but there is a green hue to the brown. 

I then took the teabag out, and let it cool down enough for me to drink. I think part of the reason why I haven't really enjoyed mint tea in the past is that it has been too hot when I have tried it.

The teas has both normal mint and peppermint in it. On first taste, you get a flavour that is a bit like buttermint sweets, is smooth and rounded, but then this is followed by a zing that you know belongs to peppermint. It makes your mouth feel minty fresh, a bit like toothpaste but nicer! It's supposed to be good for your digestive system, and I do feel quite calm and relaxed after my mugful.

I was surprised to enjoy this, but I think that if you aren't a mint tea fan but do like mint sweets, I think you should give it a go. You might be surprised too.


No comments:

Post a Comment