Wednesday 14 May 2014

Brew Tea Co- Fruit punch





I was very excited today to find a small package from Brew Tea Co on my door mat. I had signed up to their mailing list, noting the promise of free tea but not really expecting anything more than a single envelope. What I got instead was 5 different whole leaf tea bags (2 of each flavour), and a sample of loose leaf. Amazing!

For some reason I was drawn to the Fruit Punch first. I don't really understand why as I am not a fruit tea fan! It looked different, sizeable pieces of fruit, not coloured dust. And as I opened up the packet, it smelt really, really fruity.

I poured on boiling water, and a red colour emerged straight away. My previous fruit tea experiences have involved a disappointing pale liquid, but this was a ruby red. Left to stand for five minutes, the result resembled (to my mind) a nice strong cup of ribena.

A quick exploration of the Brew Tea Co website reveals that I am sampling a blend of hibiscus, rosehip, lemongrass, orange peel, apple peel and strawberry juice.

My tasting reveals- fruity! I am struggling to describe it, but for the Brits, the closest I can get is like a FAB ice lolly, without the artificial-ness. It's quite tart, but not unpleasant, and the strawberry and rosehip shine through. I then added honey, as per their suggestion, and it's much sweeter, less tart, and personally I prefer the taste. Less healthy though!

I am discovering on my tea voyage not to set my expectations in stone. This looked like ribena, but doesn't taste like ribena. It is a fruit tea, but I have enjoyed drinking it. One I will be having again!

I am really impressed with the number of samples from Brew Tea Co, and excited for my future taste adventures. It's started well.

No comments:

Post a Comment