Sunday 18 May 2014

Canton Tea Co- Sugarcane black

I have already reviewed one of my purchases from Canton Tea Co- the Yunnan Gold Pearls. When I made my order, I picked out several of their sample size teas. The tea sold by Canton is very good quality, so the sample size is small, enough for a couple of cups. Of course, it's still cheaper than the equivalent number of drinks at high street chain cafes.



Today I chose the Sugarcane black tea. The black tea has been fired with red sugar cane, to give it a sweet flavour. The leaves were very thin and long, so I put two pinches into the teapot (twice the amount pictured). When brewing, the tea had a sweet, malty aroma.

As with my last Canton tea, I did not add milk. The taste was sweet, as I expected, but without some of the robustness of the Yunnan Gold pearls. However, because it was sweeter, I found it very easy drinking. The sweetness also meant that I didn't feel in need of a biscuit to go with it.

I was interested to see what this tea tasted like with milk, so I added a tiny drop to the dregs. It made the taste even sweeter, and I actually preferred the taste without milk! Such is the power of good quality tea.

This is an ideal tea for a sweet toothed individual, particularly if you usually use a sweetener but want to cut down on the amount you are using.

No comments:

Post a Comment