Tuesday 6 May 2014

Twinings- Chakra Silver Tips White Tea

I realised that it is now May and I hadn't yet reviewed April's Tea Taster's tea. As I have said in a previous post, I was lucky enough to win a Tea Taster's membership from Twinings. I am yet to review March's blending masterclass, as I want to set aside enough time to do it properly.


Anyway, the tea for April is a white tea from Indonesia. On opening up the packet, it looks amazing. I just had to pick up the leaves, they are soft and silky. These are the very tips of the plant, the youngest buds. I put a pinch into my kyusu, which is a Japanese tea pot. The handle is a right angles to the spout, which makes for nice pouring. This is the pot I tend to use for green and white teas.



Following the kettle boiling, I let it stand for 5 minutes, as per the instructions, before pouring the water onto my tea. This is a tea more sensitive than green. Three minutes infusion followed, and hen I decided to pour it into my glass mug so I could get a better idea of the colour.




The liquid is very pale, indeed almost silvery. And the taste? Well, I was in for a treat. It is a very light and delicate tea, my tasting notes describe it as "peachy"- I can se why. It's difficult to describe the taste but it it really rather nice.It's a light and drinkable tea, a very different experience from black tea. Definitely worth trying if you can get your hands on it!



No comments:

Post a Comment