Sunday 11 May 2014

Dragonfly Tea-Organic Midnight Jasmine Green Tea

Although I am a huge Twinings fan, I am not adverse to the idea of other brands. I keep an eye on the shelves for special offers and spotted this one last week.


I have been enjoying Twining's Jasmine green teas, and when I saw this box I thought it might be nice to take to work. I love loose leaf, but there is simply not enough time in the working day. The sachets are individually wrapped too, which is handy.

Compared to the loose leaf jasmine greens I have had, the floral smell of jasmine was a lot milder. There was also a "grassy" sort of smell which is the green tea smell. When I have tried green teas in the past it has been this that has put me off.

I boiled the kettle and left the water to cool for a few minutes so as not to scald the delicate tea leaves. I infused for two minutes, the instructions said up to three but my mug is quite small.

The taste of jasmine wasn't really that strong at all, this is the closest I have come to having pure green tea yet. The tea was slightly bitter, and the taste was almost like freshly mown grass.

I am not sure how I feel about this tea. It's not a complete thumbs down, but I didn't enjoy it as much as I have the Twinings loose leaf. Mind you, it didn't cost as much and in the world of tea, the more you pay, the nicer it is. I think it will take me a couple more cups to get used to the flavour, but I am going to stick with it.

No comments:

Post a Comment