Monday 19 May 2014

Pumphrey's- Apricot flavoured leaf tea

I was sad this morning to use my final scoop of Lady Grey. However, every cloud has a silver lining, and this particular silver lining is that I get to open up a new tea. I have been trying to follow a "one in, one out policy" in order to prevent my tea cupboard overflowing, but that means that I sometimes have to wait a while to try a new tea.

I decided to open up Pumphrey's Apricot flavoured leaf tea. Pumphrey's is my local, Newcastle based tea dealer. I wish I could purchase some of every tea, but I can't. This sounded like an interesting tea, so I thought I would give it a try.



First appearances are very promising, in among the black tea leaves are  golden yellow pieces of what looks like apricot flesh. The apricot smell is quite strong, and very appetizing.

The flavour is lovely too. Sometimes apricot flavoured things can taste artificial, but this is just right, and very fruity. I think I have found myself a new favourite. Apricot is such a perfect flavour summer, and I think that if you were an iced tea fan this would be perfect.

So, despite the fact that I no longer have lady grey in my cupboard, this is a very different, but equally nice substitute. I like this one!

No comments:

Post a Comment