Thursday 3 April 2014

Twinings Sweet Summer Fruits Black Tea

After yesterdays disappointment, I'm back to my favourite brand.

Twining's have really great customer service and this is a tea that I won in one of their competitions.

This is a black tea with "juicy fruit flavours"- from Elderberry Strawberry, Vanilla, Orange, Marigold and Rose.
Picture from the Twinings website

I am entering unfamiliar territory as this is a tea that is best drunken black, and I usually like a good splash of milk in my mug.

When brewed, the tea is a coppery brown colour. In yesterday's Earl Grey,a redy tone was a little odd, but somehow tonight it seems right. The smell is nice and fruity and sweet, with a good strawberry scent. I followed the instructions, and skipped adding milk. The result was better than expected-the sweet berry flavour made an interesting addition and overall I found it to be quite refreshing.

The tea is packaged in individual ennvelopes, sometimes this can seem a bit wasteful, but I do like the fact that you can slip an one or two in your bag for when they are needed. I will be taking some into work to have there.

Twinings is very good at coming up with unusual and unexpected blends, they are very good at striking just the right balance and this is another prime example. Two mug fulls have been consumed this evening, and I am sure I will brew up again tomorrow.


No comments:

Post a Comment