Saturday 26 April 2014

Twinings: The Queen's Daimond Jubilee Blend

I keep forgetting to review this tea- it is my "go to" blend at the moment, I've been drinking it every mornings as my breakfast cuppa, but I'm always in a rush to go to work so my mind is always elsewhere.

This blend is based on the Golden Jubilee blend, and I hope the Queen makes it to another jubilee so this tea can be reissued. A bit of research on wikipedia suggests that could be her Blue Sapphire (65th), or Platinum (70th). Blue Sapphire Tea- now there's a nice sounding name.

The tea itself is a blend of assam and yunnan, rich and malty with smooth and mellow. The leaves themselves are fairly large, with some lovely golden colours in among the dark brown- apparently that means there is a high tip content (i.e. its good quality tea). Twinings describes it as perfect and they are justified in doing so. It's robust and a real wake-me-up. Saying that, it's good at any time of day. It's quite malty, there is a tiny bit of astringency but nothing offensive to your taste buds. It's also quite a sweet blend, which I quite like in a tea.It's one you can use at all times, particularly in those occasions when you really need a cuppa to get you back on track.

I enjoy this blend a lot, and will be sad when I reach the end of it.




No comments:

Post a Comment