Monday 21 April 2014

Fortnum and Mason- Cranberry Fruit Flavour Tea

Today I am going all posh with some Fortnum and Mason tea. I picked this one up in their post Christmas sale, and yes part of my motivation was owning a Fortnum and Mason Caddy. And it's pink!

Small confession- my camera is pretty ancient and the tin is really shiny so I can't get a decent picture. I have therefore stolen one from the Fortnum and Mason website. Mine is the same shade of pink, but plainer. I presume the version I have was at a reduced price because they were changing their packaging design.



The blurb on the back describes this as "Tangy tartness tempered by tea". I know for many people, cranberry tea would bring to mind a fruit infusion, but this is actually "real tea" (i.e. black tea) and cranberry.
The tea leaves are (for loose leaf) relatively small. In terms of cranberry, the pieces are not whole dried fruit but little cubes made from cranberry and juice. If you have ever had fruit flakes, the texture of the pieces is like those (I picked out a piece to try).
Brewed up, the tea has a sweet  and fruity aroma. There was no recommendation on the caddy as to whether or not milk is the done thing, so I put some in anyway as that is how I prefer black tea anyway. The flavour is nice and rounded, fruity but not too sweet. Compared to the wild cherry sencha I own (which has cranberry pieces in it) is a lot sweeter. I was surprised at how much I enjoyed this tea, whenever I have had cranberry juice I have found it a little too tart but this is just right.

Black tea with Cranberry on the Fortnum and Mason website



No comments:

Post a Comment