Wednesday 2 April 2014

Twinings Silky Pyramids: Liquorice Allsorts Earl Grey

For the past 18 months, this has been one of my favourite teas. The Twining's silky pyramid range is a bridge between tea bags and loose leaf tea; the loose leaf tea is enclosed in a delicate mesh pyramid, giving it plenty of room to move about. These are good quality teas, available in supermarkets.
Liquorice Allsort Earl Grey is a blend of whole leaf bergamot scented Earl Grey, with coconut and liquorice flavourings. The result is amazing, if you love the sweets then you will love this tea.

Image from the Twinings website

It's a tea with plenty of depth and body, able to hold it's own when partnered with foods- it goes nicely with a fried breakfast. However it's equally nice on it's own, and manages not to be overpowering. I find it makes a great pick me up.

This is a tea that I always have in my cupboard- other teas come and go but this is an essential.

No comments:

Post a Comment