Saturday 19 April 2014

Twinings- Rose Garden



I am at my parents for the Easter holidays, and as a consequence my tea diet has consisted of entirely too much supermarket own brand tea bags. I don't want to sound like too much of a tea snob, but I do like a little more variety of taste. So this morning, I was very pleased when I discovered where I had stashed a few Twinings envelopes. I selected for my breakfast tea Rose Garden.

Rose Garden is from the same range as Blossom Earl Grey and Jasmine Earl Grey. It was also originally a limited edition, but customer feedback has led to it becoming a permanent addition to the range.

As soon as you pour on the water, you know that this is a rose tea. It's a strong smell, like a proper old English rose garden, or (dare I say it) pot pourri. I know the strong smell can put some people off as they think the tea will taste like perfume, but I would liken it more to turkish delight (rose of course, not lemon or mint) in taste than to toiletries!

The tea is smooth and well rounded, there is no tanin or astringency to it. You know that you are drinking something rose flavoured, but it manages not to be overpowering. It left me feeling all warm and summery, despite the fact that it's a bit grey and miserable out.

I am a big Twinings fan, and the florals range is a really good illustration of why I like the brand so much- lovely flavours, affordable and available in supermarkets, and they have listened to the customer feedback and acted on it.

No comments:

Post a Comment