Monday 2 June 2014

The *TeaShed- Guana Bana *Tea

Having read Laura from LoveteaLoveblogging's post on *TeaShed Mr Grey's Tea a few months ago, I had a browse of their website and decided to put an order in. They are a young, Newcastle based company and as I am living in Northumbria I thought that this would be a good way to support a local company- plus they have a great range of reasonably priced tea pyramids in cute packaging. Each set comes in a disposable hot drink cup, I haven't seen any other company doing this and I think it's an original idea.

I ordered 4 teas- Mr Grey's tea, Out of milk tea (white tea- I am going to give this to my Dad for fathers day), caramel loose leaf black, and Guana Bana. The parcel arrived very quickly, and also contained some free envelopes of "emergency tea"- these are definitely going to be used to cheer people up.

Guana Bana is the first tea I have tried. The intriguing name is the reason I decided to order it, it is very unusual! Guana Bana is a blended tea- black and green teas with jasmine, marigold, saf flower and soursop. Cue wikipedia search. Soursop is also known as Guana Bana and custard apple. It is a weird looking green spiky  fruit with a white pulpy inside.

This is an interesting drink, it is definitely tea, it's creamy (no milk in this- I can't even imagine putting it in), fruity, floral and citrusy. It's a bit of a sweet and sour experience. It's not an everyday sort of drink, buit it does make a refreshing change.

I can't find Guana Bana on The *TeaShed website anymore, which I suspect means that no-one else will be able to try it. It's a shame, because this is a really unique and original flavour.



No comments:

Post a Comment