Monday 23 June 2014

Char Wallah tea- Blood Orange Tea

Char Wallah is a company I found whilst doing some google research into tea companies. They had some end of range bargains on their website, at £2:50 for 100g and free postage I really couldn't not order some.

The tea I chose is blood orange black tea. It isn't in the range anymore, so I'm afraid you can't try any.

The tea arrived nice and quickly, the transparent plastic bag was placed inside a large envelope, which doesn't seem to have done the tea any harm- it doesn't appear to have been crushed by the experience. In fact, you can see the chunks of orange are a good size. It's nice not to have to rearrange delivery or traipse to the post office.

On opening, I smelt the orange straight away, think Terry's Chocolate Orange and you are on the right track. One thing to bear in mind with citrus teas is that they don't tend to be sharp or sour, so it is not quite the same as having the fruit! Taste wise, I would describe this as a mellow Lady Grey, as Lady Grey also contains orange,but with the addition of bergamot. This is a good thing, in my opinion, as I had just run out of Lady Grey. The blood orange tea is light, refreshing and summary, and fills the gap left by Lady Grey very nicely.

No comments:

Post a Comment