Saturday 21 June 2014

Axxent: Cupcake Tea- Sweet Honey

On today's shopping trip, I saw an interesting tea selection on sale at TKMaxx. Called Cupcake tea, it had 4 small boxes of flavoured teas, each containing 10 envelopes.

I am trying Sweet Honey first- this is a blend of black tea, banana and honey. On opening the envelope, I could smell all three flavours, which was a good sign. I added boiling water, and left the tea bag in for 2 minutes.


While I was waiting for my drink to cool, I did a bit of research. The brand seems to be owned by a Dutch company called Axxent, but unfortunately their website isn't particularly informative.

As you may have realized, I prefer my tea with milk. It's just a matter of personal taste.

The tea itself has a honey-sweetness to it, the smell of honey is strong  but the taste is not too sweet. The banana is less easy to detect but is there in the aftertaste. I think this blend would have benefited from a little more banana. I like the concept and the taste is nice, it makes me think of childhood puddings!

Of course, with this being a TKMaxx find I am not going to say that I would buy it again, as TKMaxx have an ever changing selection and I doubt that I will see it in stock again.

No comments:

Post a Comment