Sunday 30 March 2014

Twinings Christmas Thanks

Today I am sipping away at a fabulous blend that unfortunately you probably won't be able to get hold of. I have been using this tea sparingly as I know it cannot be replaced. Unless Twinings decides to reissue the tea next year- fingers crossed!


This is Christmas Thanks, a tea that tastes like Christmas cake! It sounds gimicky but it really works. As soon as you open the tin, the aroma of rich, fruity christmas cake fills the room.. The dark leaves brew to a nice deep amber colour, and the aroma remains even once the tea has been brewed.

I find with Christmas thanks that because it tastes like Christmas Cake, I don't always "need" to have a biscuit with my cuppa as psychologically my brain thinks it has had cake. If I do have a nibble with my tea,  it goes really well with a ginger oat biscuit. It also goes well with savoury nibbles, like real Christmas cake a nice slice of crumbly cheddar or other white cheese complements it really well. For me, however, the perfect side dish is a bowl of warm custard! It reminds me of the times my mum would use up the Christmas cake by serving it as a pudding with custard. Yummy.

This really is a super tea, flavoursome and satisfying.  The only criticisms I have is that the tin is only 100g, and was only available for Christmas 2013. I should have brought more than one!

1 comment:

  1. I love this tea. It really did taste and smell like Christmas cake. I know your a loose tea fan, but I really hoped they would bring this out in teabag form for convenience! Still, it is a beautiful blend and really impressive. I'm just hoping Twinings will make a mince pie tea this Christmas!

    ReplyDelete