Tuesday 25 March 2014

Twinings Lady Grey

Following on from Earl Grey, I now present the sophisticated Lady Grey.
Lady Grey is one of those teas that I just love the look of. You would never get that visual experience with a tea bag. The blue of the tin perfectly complements the blue cornflowers among the tea. You can also see the dried peel (orange and lemon) to give extra flavour.
Like Earl Grey, Lady Grey has a bergamot base. But added to it is cornflowers, orange and lemon, making it a more delicate brew. 
The serving suggestion is black, or with a slice of lemon or orange. I am guilty of not reading the instructions and making it with a dash of milk. This works fine for me, and I don't think it detracts from the delicate citrus flavour at all. 

The tin is from a set with Earl Grey (red) and English Breakfast (white) but unfortunately I have not got hold of the English Breakfast tin so will be unable to review it.

No comments:

Post a Comment